Not sure how to get started on your fundraising journey, or need some tips to help you take it to the next level?
Use the simple tips below to help reach your fundraising target!
1. Be the first – donate to yourself!
Donating to yourself will demonstrate your dedication to the event and cause and give people an idea on how much to donate.
2. Ask your friends, family and colleagues to donate using our email templates.
Ask 10 (or more) of your friends, family or colleagues to donate $50 each = $500. Using the email templates on the get support section of your profile, simply add in the email addresses of those who you would like to sponsor you and start fundraising!
3. Ask your boss for a company contribution.
Doing this can add a quick $100.
4. Update your Facebook status, post a link or send out a tweet to let all your friends and associates know what you are doing.
Facebook is the perfect platform for fundraising. People who use social media raise on average twice as much as other fundraisers! DM or tag 10 of your friends to donate $20 each – that’s an additional $200.
5. Already asked those close to you for donations? Ask again!
If you asked them once and they haven’t donated – ask again! They've probably just forgotten and won’t begrudge a friendly reminder. You can use the "Sponsorship request reminder" on the get support section of your profile.
6. Make use of our resources!
Download our Laps for Life resources for our resources page and add them to your emails, socials and more to get the word out about your challenge.
Need some help? We're here for you. Email Mimi at firstname.lastname@example.org who would be more than happy to help.