Challenge your mum. Challenge your husband. Challenge your mates. Challenge your colleagues. And swim to save lives, as a team.
Keen to sign up a team and set a #squadgoal? Awesome (the more the merrier)!
Whether you're planning to get together and swim as a group (relay, anyone?), or go it alone, participating in Laps for Life is even better when you've got your own support squad.
CREATING A TEAM
How do I create a team?
To create a new team, you'll first need to sign up as an individual participant. During the sign-up process, you'll be prompted to create or join a team.
If you've already signed up, and now would like to create a new team, you can do this at any time by logging in to your dashboard.
How do I get friends, family or colleagues to join my team?
Once you've signed up and created your team, you'll have access to a designated team dashboard. In there, you'll find buttons that will allow you to share your team invite directly via email, or post an invitation to Facebook or Twitter.
JOINING A TEAM
How do I join a team?
To be part of a team, you first need to register as an individual participant. During this process, you'll receive a prompt to create or join a team. If you're joining an existing team, you'll be able to select the team name from a drop-down list.
However, if the team is locked, you'll need to receive an invite to join from the team captain.
BEING A GOOD TEAM CAPTAIN
How do I promote my team?
There are a few different ways you can promote your team:
- Download a print-at-home poster from the Resources page and post-up at your office, school, local pool or community space
- Log in to your team dashboard and send emails to your friends, family and colleagues to request donations
- Share your team's page to social media (you can do this from within your dashboard, or on your team page)
- Share your team's story with media (let us know if you're interested by completing this form)
How do I communicate with my team?
What strategies can I use to get my team swimming (and fundraising)?
Some really easy ways to get your engaged are:
- Encouraging them to donate to themselves (and each other)
- Getting them to share their profiles to social media to ask for support
- Organising meet-ups at your local pool so that you can swim your laps together
- Celebrate their success when they get a new donation, or achieve their lap goal
OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT TEAMS
I still don't have the answer I need.
If you still don’t have the answers you need and would like to be in touch, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.